Do you want to avoid these genetically modified products for your health? Or to fight Monsanto? Hopefully both!
Even though we don’t (yet!) have GMO information on our food labels, it is still important to READ the labels!!! Be an informed consumer. And, avoid the following ingredients:
1. Corn. At least half of the US farms growing corn are using genetically modified corn, much of which is intended for human consumption. And the rest is grown to feed our food … L The nutritional value of GMO corn has been found to be significantly less than that of organic corn, and contains pesticides (glyphosate) in the DNA.
2. Soy: Found in numerous “healthy” products, including tofu, vegetarian products, soybean oil, and soy flour. Approximately 90% of the soy crop has been genetically modified to resist herbicides, specifically Monsanto’s herbicide Roundup.
3. Sugar: Sugar beets, genetically modified by Monsanto to resist hericides, were introduced to the U.S. market in 2009.
4. Aspartame: Aspartame, a Monsanto product, is a toxic additive used in numerous food products. It is created with genetically modified bacteria. It is frequently found in: Diet sodas, yogurts, chewing gum, cooking sauces, crisps, tabletop sweeteners, drink powders, flavored water, sugar-free products and cereals.
5. Canola: One of the most chemically altered foods in the U.S. diet, canola oil is obtained from rapeseed through a series of chemical actions.
Common Ingredients Derived from GMO Risk Crops
Amino Acids, Aspartame, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbate, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Ethanol, Flavorings (“natural” and “artificial”), High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Lactic Acid, Maltodextrins, Molasses, Monosodium Glutamate, Sucrose, Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), Xanthan Gum, Vitamins, Yeast Products.
Use the printable list below to help you boycott Monsanto by keeping the brands that use GMOs out of your shopping cart!
Right Click Image, Save. Open and Print